BACK TO MAIN INDEX
Our Responsibility to You
- You will be treated as an individual and will be given respect and courtesy at all times. You have a right to be treated in a confidential manner.
- We will try to answer the phone promptly and courteously.
- We will explain the likely effects of any drugs and review your long-term medical needs at an agreed time.
- We will visit you at home if you are really too ill or infirm to be brought to the Surgery.
- We will try to see you at the correct time. However, if we are running late, please bear with us as on another occasion it may be you who needs extra time.
- We will offer you advice and information about how you can promote good health and avoid illness.
- We have the right to remove patients from our list if they repeatedly and persistently ignore their responsibilities to us and other patients or threaten violence to any member of staff.
- We ask that you treat the doctors and all Practice staff with due courtesy and respect.
- You should not expect to be given a prescription every time you visit the doctor. Please remember only to ask for a repeat prescription if you need one.
- Please do not telephone before the suggested time when call for test results.
- Facilities for examination and treatment are better at the Surgery and the less time a doctor spends travelling, the more time is available for patients. Therefore please make every effort to attend the Surgery for your consultation.
- Please keep appointments or tell us as soon as possible if you cannot.
- Please try to be punctual and also make a separate appointment for each member of the family wishing to see the doctor or nurse.
- You are responsible for your own health and that of your children and should take appropriate action and advice.
- If you are seriously unhappy with the Practice or the service we provide please enquire at reception for details of our complaints procedure.